Association News<< back to Association News
TBI Opens Awards Nominations for Best Triathlon Published Article, Photo & Video of the Year
Author: Jan Fambro
Winners to be recognized at TBI Ron Smith Awards Celebration January 23, 2017
Austin, TX – November 28, 2016 – Triathlon Business International (TBI), an industry organization dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon, today announced it is taking submissions for the best published triathlon article and photo of the year, and best event and product video of the year. Article and photo publication may be in a printed periodical, book, newsletter or an online outlet. The event/product videos can be used for any purpose, but submittals may not be longer than two minutes. Due by December 28, 2016, winners will be recognized at the Triathlon Business International Awards Celebration taking place at the 7th annual Triathlon Business International Conference in Dallas, TX, January 22-24, 2017. The winning photo will be used in the 2018 Conference promotional artwork.
Best Triathlon Article and Photo Selection Criteria:
- Triathlon article or photo must be published and have appeared in a print or online media outlet in the 2016 calendar year.
- Individual writers and photographers may self-submit as long as the article/photo was published. Publications may submit an article or photo on behalf of the author(s) or photographer(s). Proof of publication must be provided with the article. A PDF of the article must also be submitted. If the article has been published on line, a link to the article must be included.
- Publications may enter multiple submissions, but only three submissions are allowed per author or photographer. If a writer is also a photographer (or vice versa), he/she may submit no more than three articles and three photos.
- Submissions must include the name, email address and phone number of the author or photographer.
Best Triathlon Event and Product Videos Criteria ( separate categories):
- Must be about a triathlon-related event or product.
- Can be used for any purpose, but the purpose must be included in your submittal email (e.g., pre-event promotion, post-event promo, product launch, product testimonial)
- Submitted videos cannot be longer than 2 minutes
- Submissions must include the submitter’s name, email address, and event/product name
Nominations close on Wednesday, December 28, 2016. Best article, best photo from your nominations by the voting panel consisting of Triathlon Business International board members and stakeholders, and media professionals outside the triathlon industry.
All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the 2016 TBI Conference:
- Oct. 11, 2016 - Dec. 9, 2016 Member - $595; Nonmember - $695
- Dec. 10, 2016 - Jan. 10, 2017 Member - $695; Nonmember - $795
- Jan. 11, 2017 to Conference Member - $795; Nonmember - $895
Registration fees include all sessions, breakfast, lunches and a ticket to the Ron Smith Awards Celebration.
The Ron Smith Awards Celebration reception and dinner on Monday night includes the announcement of the Ron Smith Award winner, the Steve Hed Award winner; the media awards, and others.
Special conference room rates are available at the conference host hotel the Fairmont Dallas.
Companies interested in conference sponsorship or Expo space should contact email@example.com
Sponsors of the 2017 TBI Conference include The ACTIVE Network, the Dallas Sports Commission, Headsweats, Endurance Sportswire, and Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN). TBI Corporate Partners are Ashworth Awards, MPA Event Graphics and FinisherPix.
Conference details and online registration are available at http://www.triathlonbusinessintl.com/2017-la-conference.html
Follow TBI on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates on the 2017 conference and information on our members. If you haven’t signed up for the TBI newsletter, you can do it on the home page of the TBI website.<< back to Association News
- Help Grow the Industry Team up with industry leaders to guide the future
- Help Your Business Learn best practices, latest trends, share ideas
- Help Grow the Sport Work together to attract more participants to the sport
TBI is a multisport industry organization of businesses and individuals who support the growth and success of triathlon as a business and a sport.
Raising the Women's Game
March 15, 2017