Association News<< back to Association News
TBI Opens Awards Nominations for Best Triathlon Published Article and Photo of the Year
Author: Jan Fambro
Anaheim, CA – Triathlon Business International (TBI), an industry organization dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon, today announced it is taking submissions for the best published triathlon article and photo of the year. Publication may be in a printed periodical, book, newsletter or an online outlet. Due by December 24, 2015, winners will be recognized at the Triathlon Business International Awards Celebration taking place at the 6th annual Triathlon Business International Conference in Marina del Rey, CA, January 24-26, 2016.
Best Triathlon Article and Photo Selection Criteria:
- Triathlon article or photo must be published and have appeared in a print or online media outlet in the 2015 calendar year.
- Individual writers and photographers may self-submit as long as the article/photo was published. Publications may submit an article or photo on behalf of the author(s) or photographer(s). Proof of publication must be provided with the article. A PDF of the article must also be submitted. If the article has been published on line, a link to the article must be included.
- Publications may enter multiple submissions, but only three submissions are allowed per author or photographer. If a writer is also a photographer (or vice versa), he/she may submit no more than three articles and three photos.
- Submissions must include the name, email address and phone number of the author or photographer.
Nominations close on Wednesday, December 24, 2015. Best article, best photo from your nominations by the voting panel consisting of Triathlon Business International board members and media professionals outside the triathlon industry.
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com
About the 2016 TBI Conference:
- Oct. 21 – Nov. 30: $399 TBI members / $499 non-members (member number is required to register at member rate)
- Dec. 1 – Jan. 14: $575 members / $675 non-members (member number is required to register at member rate)
- Jan. 15 and after: $675 members / $775 non-membersRegistration fees include all sessions, breakfast, lunches and a ticket to the Ron Smith Awards Celebration. Nonmember registration includes a one-year TBI membership.
Conference registration opens at 1PM Sunday, January 24, with the first session at 3PM. The conference wraps up on Tuesday, January 26 at 12:30PM.
The Ron Smith Awards Celebration reception and dinner on Monday night includes the announcement of the Ron Smith Award winner, the Steve Hed Award winner; and other exciting awards in the event, retailer, manufacturer and media categories.
Special conference room rates are available at the conference host hotel the Marina del Rey Marriott.
Companies interested in conference sponsorship or Expo space should contact Shannon Standefer.
Sponsors of the 2016 TBI Conference include The ACTIVE Network, Headsweats, Endurance Sportswire, Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN), Quintana Roo, DryRobe and KitBrix. TBI Corporate Partners are Ashworth Awards and FinisherPix.
Conference details and online registration are available at http://www.triathlonbusinessintl.com/2016-la-conference.html
<< back to Association News
Follow TBI on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates on the 2016 conference and information on our members. If you haven’t signed up for the TBI newsletter, you can do it on the home page of the TBI website.
- Help Grow the Industry Team up with industry leaders to guide the future
- Help Your Business Learn best practices, latest trends, share ideas
- Help Grow the Sport Work together to attract more participants to the sport
TBI is a multisport industry organization of businesses and individuals who support the growth and success of triathlon as a business and a sport.
Biggest Challenges Facing Triathlon
October 01, 2017