Association News<< back to Association News
Key Topics Announced for the Coaching and Clubs Track at the 8th Annual TBI Conference
Author: Jan Fambro
January 26-28, 2018 ~ Tempe, AZ ~ Where the Business of Triathlon Gets Done
AUSTIN, TX (November 30, 2017) – Triathlon Business International (TBI) today announced the topics for the Coaching and Club track, the first of three curricula tracks, for the 8th Annual TBI Conference, January 26-28, 2018 at the Mission Palms Resort in Tempe, AZ.
Coaching and Club track sessions include:
- Triathlon Clubs and Coaching Models
- Athlete Retention
- New Customer Engagement
- Virtual Triathlon Clubs and Coaching
- Marketing Your Club or Coaching Business
The track topics were developed by a committee of triathlon coaches and club directors/members. The committee is chaired by Jesse Kropelnicki, QT2 Systems, LLC, and comprised of Michael Ricci, D3 Multisport, Inc.; Andy Clark, Alien Endurance; Cliff English, ASU Women’s Triathlon Coach; Jeff Scull, Edge Triathlon; and Ian Murray, LA Tri Club Head Coach.
Through committees for the coaches/clubs, retail/manufacturers and race directors tracks, TBI president Dan Empfield put out the call for “user-generated” content so that the conference would be developed by people who are most involved in the sport, and who best know and understand the trending topics.
“Business today depends on how well you manage community,” said Empfield. “That’s the word. Community. Whether you’re a church pastor, a race organizer, a politician or a bike shop owner the size and ardency of your community of adherents grants or withholds success. Energizing and growing a community is what strong, effective clubs and coaches do, and that’s what this curriculum will deliver.”
Curricula for the Retail/Manufacturers and Race Directors tracks will be announcing in the coming week.
TBI conference details and online registration are available at http://www.triathlonbusinessintl.com/2018-conference.html
- $475 through December 31, 2017 (This is an "all-in" fee; no additional charges will be added at checkout)
- $575 from January 1, 2018 to the Conference
- $575 through December 31, 2017 (This is an "all-in" fee; no additional charges will be added at checkout)
- $675 from January 1, 2018 to the Conference
Nonmembers will have the opportunity to join TBI during the Conference registration process. If you join TBI at registration, you will receive the $100 discount of a current member. Membership benefits.
# # #<< back to Association News
- Help Grow the Industry Team up with industry leaders to guide the future
- Help Your Business Learn best practices, latest trends, share ideas
- Help Grow the Sport Work together to attract more participants to the sport
TBI is a multisport industry organization of businesses and individuals who support the growth and success of triathlon as a business and a sport.
Biggest Challenges Facing Triathlon
October 01, 2017